Thursday, October 21, 2010

Before I forget

A couple weekends ago Wayne and I were able to get away for a night. My amazing sister-in-law offered to watch the kiddos so that we could have a night alone.

We left about 5:00 on Friday and went to get dinner at the Texas roadhouse. It was clear across town but we were craving steak so that's where we went. Then I decided that I would try to show Wayne where I use to eat yummy desserts when I lived in Sacramento right after High School. It was the cutest little cake shop in the down town area. I was so excited to take him there, but we weren't able to find it. Actually I think it probably went out of business. So sad. Anyway... so we were able to get a free night at a nice hotel (Wayne's friend hooked us up)not too far from home. We took a dip in the hot tub and enjoyed our complimentary sprite (Wayne's friend isn't LDS so he thought it'd be funny to have a sprite waiting for us with a couple wine glasses) and slept for the first time away from our kids. It was glorious.

I have to admit though that I actually really did miss our kiddos a little. But I am very glad that we got to have a nice quiet night all to ourselves. It was long overdue.

Here we are right before our hot date:)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Honestly, BJ and I have only spent one night away from our kids and although very needed and nice I too had a hard time being away. We kept calling to check on them and I wanted to sleep in so bad but was too excited to see them I couldn't snooze past 7! Maybe we all need to take a break a little more often! You guys look great and your kids are adorable!