When I was in the eighth grade I received the athlete of the year award. It was a huge deal to me. It meant speeches to give and a banner with my name on it hung in the junior high gym for years to come. All the coaches voted on it, and i'm not kidding girls cried when they didn't win. I participated in every sport I could so that I could win the award. My parents were awesome and put me in just about every sport they could from a very young age. I played basketball, floor hockey, volleyball, softball, soccer, and track. I loved every bit of it. By the time high school hit I started losing interest and focused solely on basketball. I use to get done with two a day practices and just feel completely dead tired. I actually enjoyed that feeling.
I don't write this to toot my own horn, I'm writing this to remind myself that I can do it. To give me something to think about while I run a few miles around my neighborhood. To keep me from giving up after 5 minutes.
I know that athlete is still inside of me, she just wanted a 7 year break. The break is over. I'm officiallly adding running to my list of sports.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Aren't you pregnant?
I've learned something new about you today.
You go girl!!! Toot away I love hearing it :) Yes there is an athlete in you... just wish we lived closer so it would rub off onto me. We need another night of walking soon!!! Maybe in a month or so ;)
Yeah, aren't you pregs? Got to be careful with that little one in there trying to grow. I thought I could workout and be pregnant and ended up miscarrying. I was so so sad, cause it was surely my fault. Just walk, it's almost just as good.
Good job on your HS accomplishments!
Ok, now you've got me really motivated! Congrats on the athlete of the year...that is awesome. I still see you as very athletic. Keep us all posted on all your running achievements (plus it will continue to keep me motivated...ha!) Love you :)
Amy, I am so proud of you getting out there after a very hard month last month. You are such a strong motivated person that has really pushed my athlete spot to get out there. (it isnt a big spot..but its in there)!You go girl!
Post a Comment