Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Projects

This isn't the most accurate before picture of Noah's room, because before we got the computer armoire our computer and office stuff was taking over this room. So just imagine this picture cluttered up with files and a computer desk with lots of junk everywhere.

Here's the after. I painted the rocking chair and have yet to paint the changing table because honestly I just can not find the time. But it will happen one of these days.

We found these chairs on craigslist.
And here they are in our front room.
I totally wish that we could paint the walls. I'm so sick of the white walls. Well I guess they have some color on them from my dear Presleigh's color crayons. Which will have to do for now. Oh and for all of you wondering about the credenza, I decided not to paint it. I love the color of the wood and it's such a nice piece that I don't really want to mess with it just yet. Although I do with I would have painted the armoire a fun bright color instead of black, but oh well. I'm sure we'll have the chance to paint it again soon.
As you probably noticed we still need window treatments for pretty much the whole house, and a bunch more accessories. It's definitely a work in progress, and as soon as I get it just how I want it i'm sure we'll either move or i'll want to change everything.

6 comments:

Patsy said...

Where's the picture of that?? Nicole would love to see it, I'm sure... I'm glad he is doing better. Love the pics of your house it is looking very cute and very clean!

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

I thought about posting a picture of my little boys bump, but I knew it would scare non-nurses. I need to take one and keep it in the archives so that when he's 12 I can black male him with it. hehe.

I think that's why decorating is a good thing, cause the parts of the house that are cute and decorated, I have an easier time keeping them clean. You should see my kitchen. No cuteness in there, if you know what I mean!

Patsy said...

I think you should paint the wicker/ratan table between the chairs. Something bright, maybe a turquoise or gold!

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

Really? I was wondering what color to paint it. I want to paint the plant pot too.

The Wynia Family said...

That wicker would be so easy to paint. Just go and grab a can of spray paint, it works wonders on wicker. And I agree, go BRIGHT! Next to those white chairs you need a bright turquoise or yellow if you are feeling brave.

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

Come on sister, you know i'm brave. I mean does this front room look conservative to you?jk, I could do either color, so which one should I do? I worry about the turquoise because the anna maria horner fabric will be right next to it, but my goal was to be more orange and turquoise, not so much yellow. Although there is yellow in my robert allen fabric. Decisions.....

And what do I do with the basket that the tree is in? it looks so ghetto. It's needs a facelift bad. My friend told me I should paint it the same color as the wicker sidetable. What do ya think?