Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Noah's emergency

I took Noah to the doctor yesterday because he had this major infected lump on his bottom. About three weeks ago I noticed a purplish bump on his bottom, so I had my nurse friend check it out. She told me just to watch it and put diaper rash cream on it, so I did. Then Presleigh got an ear infection about two weeks ago, so I had the nurse practitioner at the doctor's office look at it after she checked Presleigh's ears. She told me the same thing, just keep an eye on it. Well after Wayne got home this weekend from his week in Philadelphia I designated him diaper changer. Well not really, but I think he changed all of Noah's diapers this weekend so I wasn't aware that Noah's bump was turning into a massive boil.

Monday morning Wayne told me Noah's bump was a little swollen. When I checked it out I couldn't believe my eyes. It was nasty and I felt so bad because I could tell my poor baby was in so much pain. He could barely sit down. I had three little ones in the doctors office packed into our double stroller. Yes people were laughing at us, and I should have taken a picture. anyway... Noah's little bump popped and now he's on a couple antibiotics. He's still in a little bit of pain, but we're hoping that it will go away soon. If it's not better by the end of this week, we have to take him back in.

No comments: