I can barely remember my childhood. I have the worst memory ever. But one thing that I do remember is getting a new dresses for Easter. I remember a trip to gunny sack (I think that's how you spell it) in San Francisco we took once, I think to look at Easter dresses. I love this picture of my siblings minus my youngest brother. Look at those silly haircuts:) I'm not real into matchy matchy but can you believe that my mother made the dresses that my older sister Kim and I are wearing? I mean I know they look pilgrimish with that doile thing around the neck, but I'm sure they were stylish, because well my mother is pretty fashionable. hehe. Can you tell that i'm giddy over easter dresses. Anyway... This is why I decided to make Presleigh her Easter dress. I want to be like my mommy and hopefully make my girls their dresses every year. Hopefully when they are old like me they will appreciate it like I appreciate my mom for using her talents to make me things.

So, TA DA............................................... The Bubble Dress, modeled by the cutie herself, with a little bit of bed head.
And the Back view. You can't really see the buttons unless you click on the picture to enlarge it.

For those of you worried about the immodesty here, don't worry she has a yellow cardigan to go over it. And these adorable shoes too!

So there you have the special homemade Easter outfit that Presleigh will get to wear for this special Easter Day. I should probably get started on Noah's coordinating tie.
7 comments:
Wow Amy that dress is so super cute! I love the fabric, OF COURSE! I remember taking a number of trips to San Fran to go dress shopping. I also remember our mother making you and I a number of dresses that either matched or coordinated. I don't know why it was always just you and me? Remember those dresses that were elastic all around the neck line and we would pull them over our shoulders thinking that we were hot stuff? Well maybe that was just me :) Good job on the dress and I LOVE those shoes!
What do you mean we thought, we were hot stuff:) I loved that puffy sleeve dress! So funny. I'm so glad that you approve of my dress making. Aren't those shoes the cutest ever. You know I got them at my favorite place.
SOOO Cute. Where did you get the pattern, I love it and want to make some for my girls!
I'm glad you are finally recognizing my talents as you weren't all that excited about my sewing when you were younger. Those little dutch boy hair cuts do look a little strange in this day and age.... I love the little dress you made Preleigh. I'm so excited you girls are sewing you are making the cutest things.... Love you
Jen, I didn't have a pattern. I googled bubble dress and found some pretty good tutorials. It was super easy. If you can't find one let me know and I will tell you exactly what I did.
OK Ok REALLY???? Can you please live by me so you can teach me!!! Love the dress and the little cutie :)
so darling girly! love it!
Post a Comment