Friday, January 6, 2012

More Christmas

Our festivities began on Wednesday when Julie, Paul, and Laila got to town.  Thursday Jules and I went and got some crafty things so we could work on projects.  I was a crazy person this year with all of the homemade gifts I decided to make, and I was still making them just days before Christmas.  I didn't even get to everything on my list but that is probably a good thing.  So Jules worked on hair pretties for Laila and I made Presleigh's Dino Tail and a couple bracelets. 

My mom, dad, and brother Dev oh and their dog Howard showed up Thursday night.  The kids were in heaven.   They loved Howie and were having so much fun playing with their cousin Laila and of course uncle devin too.  Noah was attached to uncle devin at first.  It seemed like if devin would leave the room for a couple minutes noah would ask where he was.  It was super cute. 

Friday we ran errands.  We had to stock up on food and get last minute gifts and things.  After running errands we got home and Wayne said I had a huge package in our bedroom.  I was super excited imagining what it could possibly be thinking that he was surprising me with some amazing gift, but it was something better:)  My sweet sister Kim and her family were all grouped together in the corner of our messy room.  We had no idea that they were coming and it was so good to be able to spend Christmas with them.  I was holding back the tears. 

I didn't take too many pictures I tried to take more video this year.


Kendra got a kindle fire for her birthday and was playing games on it.  I loved how Noah just got right up next to her and cuddled.  He was lauging super hard too.  I think she must have been playing angry birds:)
 I'm not really sure which night this was but it was a cute little moment. 
 Christmas Eve morning we took the kids swimming at Josh and Kim's hotel.  Then we made sugar cookies.  Kim was in charge of helping the kiddos frost them:) 
 We ate our traditional soup and  read the Christmas story in Luke.  And then the kiddos got to dig into their presents.  Here Presleigh is with one of her hat and apron that I made for her.  Pres was funny opening up her presents.  She didn't get too excited about any of them but just wanted to keep opening and opening.
 Noah opened his present from the Wynia family first which was a geo trax train set and he didn't really want to open anymore presents after that.  He sat and played with that train for quite a while before he would open his other presents.  Here he is with his dino tail on and the spider man that Presleigh picked out for him. 
We are use to opening all our family gifts on Christmas Eve and then only Santa Gifts on Christmas Day but we are thinking about changing that little tradition next year.  It was a very fun night.  It was so cute how excited the kids were for Santa to come and they even went to bed really well:)

No comments: