Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Presleigh

Presleigh's birthday was a special one this year.  It was her first friend birthday party and she chose a strawberry shortcake theme.  I felt like I kind of dropped the ball on her birthday last year because we had just moved into our house and pretty much everything was chaos so this year we went a little crazy.  I took Presleigh around to all of her little friends houses and she dropped off her invitations. 

Then I spent the week preparing for her big day.  Presleigh was so sweet and would watch me when I was making the stuff for her party and get so excited about it.  Some days when Wayne would come home from work she would tell him all about the things I had worked on that day.

Presleigh got to open her presents from mom and dad in the morning before Wayne went to work.  She picked oatmeal with blueberries for her morning breakfast.  All of her friends showed up at 10:00 for the party:) 

 All the girls got to wear an apron and a party hat:)
 They decorated these foam baskets and filled them with goodies to take home.
 The snack table.  We had a picnic in the living room.  Presleigh told me this was her favorite part of the party:)
 Cupcakes and the traditional giant cupcake.
 PB&J for snack and juice boxes
 We played bean bag toss with strawberry bean bags and a pin the strawberry on the branch game:)
I couldn't take too many pictures because I was pretty busy with 10 little ones running around.  It probably would have been smart to have someone there to help me a little.  Next time we will do it on Wayne's day off:)

After the party we met Rhonda at Costa Vida for some yummy lunch.  Then we came home and played with all of the fun things Presleigh got from her friends.  We made Presleigh's favorite spaghetti for dinner.  Then the Lewis fam came over after dinner for some cake. It was a really good day and Presleigh was quite worn out by the end of it.  We are so grateful that her friends were able to come and celebrate her special day with her:)

I can't believe my sweet girl is 4.  She is growing up way too fast:(   Some things we are loving about Presleigh these days:

*She makes up her own songs. I would say they are country songs because they are stories set to music:)so cute.  Oh and she loves to sing them after our family scripture study.
*She is a really really good big sister.
*She is my little helper.
*She reminds us to use nice words ("We don't say lame, hate, stupid, butt")
*She is a great artist.  She loves to color and draw pictures.
*She loves to play games.  Candyland is her favorite.  She gets to the ice castle and then refuses to move because she loves the ice castle:)
*She loves to use "Teamwork"  to get things done. 
*She loves to learn and is especially good at listening during FHE
*She is very appreciative of things.  She has a really good memory and is constantly reminding us where she get things. Like her blankets and skirts made by Grandma Patsy.
*She always wants to sit on the side of the van that I will be sitting on.  When we are going somewhere as a family she will ask "Mom, are you driving?"  so that she can get into the carseat behind my seat.

We love Presleigh so much and are so blessed to have her in our family!!!

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Thanks for catching us up. The party looked super!!! What a cute idea you really carried that theme all the way. Wish we could have been there. Love you!

joanna said...

Wow, so many little girls her age - wonderful! I am very impressed you handled that many kids all by yourself. Happy Birthday, Presleigh!