Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Day and a Pregnancy

Christmas Day we actually had to wake up the kids.  I stood in the doorway to their bedroom and when Presleigh woke up the first thing she said was that Santa had come into her room:)  It was pretty cute.  They got to enjoy their new kitchen and a couple other Santa gifts before church.  We ate my mom's delicious cinnamon rolls and hot cocoa for breakfast which is what I was most excited for. 

 We got the kids all spiffy in their Christmas outfits.  Of course Presleigh refused to wear what I had originally planned for her but she still looked adorable:)

 I'm glad we got a picture of the two of us since we barely have any of these.
 And a quick family shot.  After Church we fixed part of dinner and took it over to the Lewis family's house for a large Christmas feast.  It was pretty nice outside so the kids got to play outside and a few of us played nerts for a while.  It was a really fun day and we were grateful to be able to celebrate the birth of our Savior.   
 And of course a belly shot. I should probably write a little about this pregnancy since it's almost over:)  This picture was taken at 30 weeks.  I had gained about 15 pounds (All in the last couple months) up to that point but I'm sure i've gained more since then.  I played basketball up until about 25 weeks and was hoping that all that activity would slow down my weight gain this time around.  I guess we'll find out in the end if it worked.

 I felt my usual sickness at the beginning and then at about 18 weeks I started to feel a little better.  Then the sciatica kicked in and I started having a really hard time sleeping and sometimes even moving throughout the day.  I had been meaning to go see a chiropractor but now it seems to be getting better.  I have been low on Iron the whole time and did pretty well taking my supplements up until a couple weeks ago when I immediately threw up a couple times after taking them.  I am actually sleeping ok these days but i'm sure in the next couple weeks that will change.  Baby girl has definitely been playing soccer with my ribs because they are constantly sore.

A few weeks ago when I took a tumble outside of Old Navy my doctor had me monitored at the hospital.  Everything came back great which was a huge relief.  We are so grateful for this pregnancy and for the opportunity to enjoy another little one.  It really is a huge blessing and we can't wait to meet her.   

1 comment:

joanna said...

Sounds like you guys had a very nice Christmas. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.