Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day Trip

We drove down to Salt Lake over Memorial weekend to help my sister-in-law Joanna get her house all set up pretty. She just moved into a new home and wanted help decorating it, and I was able to work on that with her. I spent a lot of the month of May working on mood boards and finding accessories for her home, and it was tons of fun. I don't have pictures because it wasn't all finished before we left, but I will post the mood boards that I came up with, so you can get an idea. of what it looks like.

Potty break on the side of the road:)




Presleigh holding baby Laila



Eating breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa Taylors


Presleigh has been talking about the temple a lot lately. She looks at our wedding pictures and talks about how we were married in the temple and now we are "the boss." Then she talks about how someday she will be married in the temple and then she will be "the boss." I love that she loves the temple and loves to talk about it with us. She obviously doesn't understand the importance of being married in the temple yet, but I am so glad that she can see the pictures of us and want to follow that example:) On our trip down we decided that we would take her to temple square. She was very excited to be able to go see the temple. She was a little dissapointed when we told her she couldn't go inside yet though. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon activity.













The kiddos were chasing Wayne by the conference center. It was pretty cute:)


Another potty break, on the way home. Noah was running around, trying to get out the wiggles:)


3 comments:

Joanna said...

It was such a fun weekend having you guys here visiting and helping decorate! It was also so great for my kids to play with yours. I don't think they've ever really played togther. Thanks again for making the trip! Hopefully someday I'll get some pictures up of our place.

The pictures you got at the temple are SO darling. The temple has such beautiful background for photography.

The Wynia Family said...

Your hair is so LONG!

The Parents said...

We love it when you come to Salt Lake for a visit. It is so much fun getting to know Presleigh and Noah. You two have the cutest kids. Hope to see you soon either here or there.