Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's day weekend

Our father's day weekend was filled with company:) My mom and dad brought my sister Julie and baby Laila here from Montana and then Jules hubby Paul met them here to pick up his family. We only got to have one full day with them all but it was so nice to have visitors.

Friday we ate a yummy dinner and just chit chatted. Saturday my mom offered to watch our kids so Wayne and I could attend the Temple. Grandma's are the best, and we really appreciated being able to go to the temple together. After the temple, the boys watched a movie while the girls went to garage sales. I scored a spindle bed for Pres that I am super excited about. I also found a little dresser for Noah and a few other things. Then we all went to Peyton's baseball game. I have never been a fan of watching baseball but I really enjoy watching Peyton play. Plus the kids have fun at the ball field:) Then the girls hit up Seagul book and target looking for things for our hubbys for Father's Day. While the boys enjoyed pizza and another movie. I have to say that this is not like my husband. He usually falls asleep during the first 10 minutes of all movies.

We then had dinner at cafe rio, which was delicious. We spent the rest of the night playing games. My mom and I made a yummy breakfast for the fathers. Then my parents had to get on the road. Jules and Paul left after church. It was so nice having everybody in town. As soon as they pulled up Presleigh and Noah were in hyper active mode and enjoyed every minute with everybody. Presleigh fell asleep during sacrament meeting and was very sad when she woke up and julie and paul were gone. It made me sad and wish that we all lived closer:( Spending time with family is always so great!

Wayne and I combined my birthday and his father's day gifts and got a deep freeze. I couldn't resist getting him a small gift though so we got him a new basketball. So after church we went over to the park and played horse. He of course won:)

So sorry I don't have any pictures from the weekend

1 comment:

Peterson Family said...

Sounds like your father's day was so nice! I love spending time with family too. I still am so sad we didn't get to see you on Memorial Day weekend. Your family is sooo cute! Sure do love and miss you guys.