Thursday, February 10, 2011

Eternal Priorities

Wayne and I gave talks in our new ward a couple weeks ago. It is not my favorite thing to do, but I guess i'm starting to get a little bit use to it, since we move quite a bit. This time it was a little quicker than usual, we got asked before our records were even read in. I am actually glad though because we got it out of the way and can relax a little.

I knew when we got the topic "Refocusing on Eternal Priorities" that I needed the assignment. It actually couldn't have come at a better time. I am amazed at how easy it is to become distracted by things that really don't matter. It is also easy to drift into extremes, instead of doing things in moderation which causes life to be very unbalanced. I have been taught quite a bit over the last few months, and one of those things is that during trials and stressful times the only way to find true peace and comfort comes from the Savior. It doesn't come from shopping, or working out, or through facebook, or projects, or food, or friends, or any of the other things that tend to take up our time. Don't get me wrong these things are all fine, but when they start taking priority over our relationship with our Father in Heaven, life can take a serious downward spiral.

1 comment:

The Wilder Family said...

Wow, that one is so true. That really struck home with me because I know how easy it is for me to get distracted by unimportant things in life when all I need to do is focus on our Savior. Thanks that was just what I needed. xoxo