The other day I was reading in the book "Way to Be" by President Hinckley. I love this book and it's simple lessons. I decided to read the chapter "Be clean" and I was surprised to se a paragraph about friends.
It reads:
" I have never forgotten that lesson, which leads me to urge you to choose your friends carefully. It is they who will lead you in one direction or the other. Everybody wants friends. Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow. While you should be friendly with all people, select with great care those whom you wish to have close to you. They will be your safeguards in situations where you may vacillate between choices, and you in turn may save them."
Oh my goodness how I love this. I always heard "choose your friends wisely" growing up but haven't thought much about it as an adult. We do need to use our best judgement when choosing our friends and who to be close to. These friends will not only influence you but they will influence your children as well. I think a good question to ask yourself is "would I want my kids to be friends with these poeple?" if the answer is yes, then you're good to go.
I am so grateful that we have found such amazing friends here. What a blessing it is to have people around that influence our family for good.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Speaking of friends... We'll be in Sac the second week of June. We need to get together.
Great inspirational thought on selecting good friends, I loved it.
Brittany,
Yay I can't wait to see you and meet that sweet Ella baby. Call me when you're in town.
Post a Comment