Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Montana Itch

So I pretty much have been craving a trip to Montana ever since Noah was born. Some think i'm crazy for wanting to take multiple trips to visit my fam a year, but I say "isn't that one of the best things about having a family." I'm so happy that my parents gave me siblings so that we could grow up and be the best of friends. I guess we could be the best of friends over the phone, but it is definitely not the same.

I don't really need to live next door to my parentals although that would be nice;) I would just like to take the family to go visit their aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents a little more often. I have come to realize though that when you decide to move 20 hours away from your family it makes trips a little more difficult. That is when you have to convince your family to come see you. This is something that I have half way accomplished.

I am so excited to have my dad coming to visit us for three whole weeks in December. Yes my hubby is amazing but so is my dad. I guess we are gonna get to know a little of how it would feel to live next door to my parents or how about live with. I am so glad that I will have the opportunity to spend some good quality time with my father. I am even more excited that my kiddos will get to spend time with their Papa, even if they won't really remember we will definitely take lots of video to remind them. My mother will then make her appearance for a week during Christmas. It's only been two years since i've had a Christmas with my parents um yeah that's like a lifetime, so i am sooooooo excited! well I should probably stop rambling about how much i miss and love my family, and how much i wish I could road trip it to Montana. For now i'll have to be happy with a little montana feel through my sweet parents over Christmas!

5 comments:

Taylors said...

YAY!!! I am so glad they are coming!

The Wynia Family said...

Ahh, we miss you too! Nicole and I were just talking about how we aren't even going to get to see Noah FOREVER! We are totally bummed :( Maybe the two of us and all 7 of our kiddos can go down there at Easter, YEAH RIGHT! I can picture it now and in my mind one of the kids ends up left on the side of the road or at a rest stop, probably not a good idea.

Patsy said...

I love you too..... Daddy is super excited to visit you he gets so bored at home. Just watch the projects!! I say black on the credenza with brushed nickel hardware... I love black!! Can't wait to see you at Christmas and give those babies big hugs and kisses!!

Joanna said...

Enjoyed the rambling! Have a great time with your parents over the Christmas holiday! I agree, it is so rough to be so far from family. That is why the internet is a wonderful blessing - I shouldn't be on right now because of a goal - urgh, it's just so hard though!

Jen said...

Cousin I am so excited they are all coming too! It will be so fun & can I tell you how much I LOVE living around the corner from you!!! So much!!! AND - I am all for the vlack on the cradenza too...I am so doing black on the entertainment center too -you go first=) heehee!!