Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Long overdue!!!

I decided that it is finally time for me to update everyone on our crazy life.

In May Wayne accepted a job offer in Sacramento working for the department of defense. They let him know that as soon as his background check cleared he would be set to start, and they gave us three different start dates. One in june, one in july, and one in august. We obviously wanted the one in June so that we could get out there and also because we wanted our new insurance to kick in to pay for this new baby. We found out about a week before that he would start on the 22 of June. Thank goodness!!

So we started off the month of June on a week vacation in Salt Lake visiting cousins and attending Wayne's nieces wedding. Presleigh loved playing with her cousins, and I enjoyed getting to know Wayne's sisters much better. I was not looking forward to going home because of all the packing that needed to be done. Thank goodness that I have such an awesome sister-in-law and a sister who both came to help us pack so that I wouldn't go into early labor.

While we were packing up I started calling doctors in Sacramento because i was concerned about how everything was going to work out with changing doctors and insurance and everything. I quickly found out that they were not interested in taking a 36 week new patient who didn't have California health insurance until 2 weeks before the baby is due. So we had to make a new plan. I wanted to stay with my doctor in Richfield because he said he would induce me on july 12th. I thought I could stay with my sister in Provo until then while Wayne went ahead to California. But then we decided that I didn't want to be 2 hours away from my doctor just in case I went into labor before the 12th.

So I am now staying with Wayne's parents in SLC (without my hubby) going to the same midwife who delivered Presleigh. I am scheduled for induction on July 12th so that I can get out to Sacramento ASAP. We are hoping that I don't go into labor on my own because Wayne can only be here on weekends.

It's been crazy!! I can not wait until this little boy is finally here so that we can drive out to our new home in Sacramento and be in our own space all together. It has been so hard being away from Wayne during the last few weeks of pregnancy.

p.s. I am just getting over bronchitis!!!!!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

you're going through what i went through the summer i was pregnant with lilly. i stayed at the parent while russ was in cali. working for his dad. i would never do that again. it was so rough on us both to be away from eachother. not healthy for a marriage.

that little boy will be here before you know it. keep him in there till the 12th (like you have control of that huh)hehe. two babies is a lot of work and a hard adjustment. i'm really looking forward to seeing pics him - and hearing what you name him! (i hope benson).

thanks for the update. please keep posting, it's always good to hear what you're up to.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow sounds CRAZY!!! You guys change houses like some people change shoes, wait I think I have had my shoes longer than your last home :-) Good luck if you need anything let me know

Boyers said...

Hey! i don't know if you remember us or not. we lived by you in west jordan. What is Wayne doing for the dept. of defense? It all sounds so exciting for you guys! good luck with everything! can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!