Monday, September 12, 2011

Montana

We got up bright and early Saturday morning and started our 10 hour drive to Montana. We were hoping that because we left early the kids would keep sleeping for a few hours, but that didn't really work out. They were super good in the car though. Presleigh complained a little about her back hurting and told us a few times, "I can't stay in this much longer," But they were little troopers. Presleigh has mastered going potty on the side of the road, and sometimes I think she uses it as an excuse to take a break from the car. We got to my parents house and had a delicious BBQ.

That night we went over to a hotel and got to see g-pa and g-ma Taylor and the John Taylors who were passing through town on their way to North Dakota. It was totally funny that we were seeing Wayne's family in my hometown. But it was so good to be able to visit with them for a couple hours.

Wayne left super early Sunday morning for his work training in Memphis,and was gone all week:(

The next few days were nice and relaxing. We visited with family and enjoyed delicious food. Sunday I got to see my cousin Ash and her fam which was great. We had a yummy BBQ at my aunt's house. My kids were quite entertained with their cousins. They spent lots of time on my Aunt's trampoline and played tag.

Monday we celebrated my sister Kim's birthday with some of my favorite Mongolian food, which I crave constantly. Presleigh and Noah played with Kim's kids tons. They mostly played in my mom's garden house, which they use as a playhouse.

I found out in Montana that I am anemic which explained why I have been exhausted through out this pregnancy. Luckily a little Iron supplement fixed that right up and I started feeling much better while I was there.

Tuesday was suppose to be a great day. We planned another yummy dinner with lots of family and some delicious peach cobler. All the kiddos were playing outside and I was chit chatting with my sister Nicole when Presleigh had a bad accident:( (I'll post details in another post). Anyway this ruined our fun plans for the night and we ended up spending the evening in the ER.


The rest of the week went by super fast. The kids played a lot on this little motor golf cart. Well mostly Noah. Presleigh was scared to ride it by herself because her first go at it it was in reverse and she drove into a bunch of my mom's plants. But Noah would just sit on it and drive in circles.


I had big plans to work on my kid's halloween costumes while I was there but we didn't end up sewing at all. We did go to a ceramics paint place and the kids got to paint their very own little critter. Presleigh painted a butterfly and Noah painted a turtle. They had so much fun putting loads of paint on them but they were sad that they didn't get to take them home. They had to get fired so we had to leave them there, but i'll post pictures after my mom sends them to us.


Wayne got back into town late Friday night so we had a couple days to spend as a family. We mostly just hung out and enjoyed talking with the fam, and playing games. We left Monday morning. I was super sick for most of the car ride so poor Wayne had to drive the whole way home:( Thankfully the kids were really good on the way home.


I was such a slacker with pictures and seriously only have pictures of the kids playing on the golf cart:(


No comments: