Backstory on Presleigh: Presleigh has always had a hard time at night. When she was around 1 year old I remember being torn on whether to let her cry it out or not because I was worried that she was scared of the dark. I was always afraid of the dark so I felt bad for her crying and crying in her bed at night and worried that she was having bad dreams and was scared. I always thought that she was scared, Wayne always thought she was manipulating me. As she got older nothing really changed. She has always had a really hard time at bedtime. Since we have been here she has done much better. She has thrived on our bedtime routine. She goes to sleep quite a bit better but has still struggled waking up in the middle of the night and coming in to our room. She will come in and fall asleep on the floor or she will tell us that she had a bad dream and wants us to lay by her. I'm not sure if little babies have bad dreams but I'm sure she has been having bad dreams since she was very young.
A couple nights after our FHE lesson Presleigh came into our room crying saying that she was very scared and had a bad dream. I reminded her that she could say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help her not be scared and to not have bad dreams. She layed down on the floor and I listened as she asked Heavenly Father to bless her to not have nightmares. It was super sweet to see her praying with faith that He would answer her prayer. The next morning she woke up and the first thing she said to me was, "Mom, I prayed that I wouldn't have nightmares last night and guess what, I dreamed about a pony!" She was so excited. And I was so happy that she realized that her prayer had been answered. Since then I have heard her come into our room in the middle of the night, lay down, and then say a similar prayer. It is so special to see her little testimony of prayer growing as she has faith and acts on what she knows.
Two nights ago I woke up to Noah whimpering and crying in the middle of the night. I went in to check on him and he was still asleep I figured that he was having a bad dream and so I calmed him down. The next morning at breakfast I asked him if he was having a bad dream. He said yeah that he had a nightmare. Then both of the kids confessed that they had watched a show that they aren't suppose to which I have told them is too scary. Presleigh then said to Noah, "Every night I pray to Heavenly Father to bless me to not have bad dreams and he helps me not be scared. You should pray to not have bad dreams too Noah." It was such a precious moment for me to see my sweet daughter bearing her testimony to her brother about prayer. She is such a sweetheart and is a great example in our family. I am so glad that she has learned that Heavenly father can bless her and will answer her prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment