Monday, March 4, 2013

Busy Fam

Silly Pres


Presleigh got this doll station for her birthday. Holland was trying to enjoy it as well and ended up knocking it over. 

After the events that took place a Sandy Hook, Wayne and I decided that we wanted to get out concealed carry permits.  We went to a class at our friends house and learned all about guns.  I am still pretty terrified of them but I'm hoping that after a few shooting outings that I will become more comfortable with them. 

Holland is such a daddy's girl.  She is constantly saying da da and gets so excited when she sees Wayne, even if it's just a picture of him.  I love their cute little bond:)

We had quite a bit of sickness this winter.  Holland was the one who was sick most often.  It kept us home a lot. 

One night Presleigh was having a hard time.  We use the bathroom as our time out so this is where I had put her.  After a couple minutes I went to check on her and I found her like this.  Asleep.  I figured that she was tired when she was having a hard time because she is usually pretty well behaved.  I didn't realize she was this tired though. 

Another sick pic of Holland.  I enjoyed this time because she was actually cuddly

Once again loving her daddy time:)

Holland all of a sudden started drooling like crazy one week.  I thought that she was probably teething but couldn't really see anything.  She started getting these red bumps on her chin.  It wasn't until I noticed them on her hands and feet that I realized that she had hand foot and mouth:(  She was pretty miserable with it.  She didn't sleep very well and didn't really want to eat.  She would only breastfeed which I figured felt good on her sore mouth. 

Then Noah got it too.  He handled it pretty well even though he looked way worse then Holland.  His mouth and hands got actually sores on them which scabbed over and took forever to heal.  We stayed home for about 10 days before we thought we were in the clear.  Apparently we weren't though because we still passed it to my niece:(

Presleigh drew this picture and taped it to her door.  I asked her what it was and she said, "no boys allowed"  I love that she drew a picture of a girl and then a picture of a boy but the boy has a line through it.  She has been very interested in signs lately.  She cracks me up.

On our way to Utah

When we got to Utah Presleigh and Noah were so excited to see so much snow!! It was perfect play weather because there were piles of snow but it was warm enough that you didn't need a coat.  They spent the whole afternoon outside playing.

I went out with them too and we made a snowman. 

Then we made our way over to Julie's house to visit her fam.  Presleigh was so excited to hold baby Hudson.  We are so glad that we were able to attend Hudson's baby blessing.  

We have been trying to get on an earlier schedule which means that we are up before Wayne leaves for work.  After our family prayers we always do a family group hug this morning I decided to snap a picture of the group hug:)



We went with some friends to Sub Zero Ice Cream.  The kids loved watching their ice cream be made right in front of them.  Noah especially loved the smoke.

Every morning Wayne takes his vitamin and then puts one on the counter for me so that I will remember to take one.  I am the worst at remembering and even sometimes when I see it on the counter I still don't take it.  Just a cute little act of kindness from my hubby.  He is so thoughtful!

Crazy Hair!!

When the weather is nice the kids have been playing in our backyard.  We have a pretty big hole back there that the kiddos love to play in.  I went out to check on them one afternoon and spotted Noah in Wayne's boots. 

Holland is such a little climber.  I took our gate down because it was digging into our wall and scrapping the paint.  I put all of these toys in front of the stairs to block her from going up them but she figured out a way to get over them.  My favorite is the one of her on top of the toy looking very scared just because that was the extra toy I got to put over there and she was still able to climb on it. 



We had our friends over for dinner the other night and while we were chatting downstairs this is what our kiddos were doing.  I was dumb and still had tubs of out grown clothes in there and they even decided to bust those open and throw those around.  They had them in a huge pile and they were jumping off of a stool into them.  It was actually pretty funny.

Finally a little update of our house projects.  The kitchen cabinets are all finished!! Yay! I love my white kitchen and I'm so glad that Wayne was willing to help me take on this project.  We had quite a few late nights together painting but we are so happy with the result.

Here's our front room painted and furnished. We are getting closer and closer to having all of the rooms painted.  it's been quite the process to paint all the ceilings and rooms in the house plus the kitchen cabinets.  There is still a lot of things that I would like to do to spruce the place up but I'm kind of worn out by it all.  Someday it will be all done and then we will move and start the process all over again i'm sure.

Holland taking her first steps.  She is still not walking.  She takes steps but then slowly drops down so that she can crawl. I'm not pushing it though, I enjoy getting to hold her and she still feels so little. Maybe it's because she still doesn't have teeth either. 

More hand foot and mouth pictures.  Hopefully we won't have to deal with this sickness again.

2 comments:

Taylors said...

They are getting so big! I love this post!!! Great pictures and tons of cute little stories! I love the sweet prayer post too :)

joanna said...

Oh man! That hands foot does not look fun. Have you researched what you could give them to help it go away fast and then prevent?

Wayne's little act of kindness is very sweet. I love to hear the good things that my brothers for their wife.

Your little family is adorable!