I didn't think that moving here so close to my family would be a hard thing. I was super excited about living down the street from all of them, but I didn't realize that our lifestyle differences would cause me such heartache. My brother Darren is the oldest in our family and he fell away from the church about 20 years ago. This has always been a tough thing for our family, but got even tougher when we moved close and were right in the middle of it. My cousin Dustin has a similar story, and him and Darren are like best friends. They both married non members and have cute little families. When Wayne got the job out here I was so glad that we would be moving to a place where we had some family. We moved right down the street from both these families so that I could do daycare for all the cousins.
I can't even express the emotions that I have felt the last month, as both families have made huge changes in their lives. The best way to describe might be, constant tears. I swear the tears comes every time I just think about it. My sister-in-law and cousin were both baptized the same day (July 10, 2010) along with my 8 year old cousin. I had the opportunity to speak about baptism on their special day and I will never forget the spirit that was in that room. Our family has witnessed a miracle and it has made all of the moves to get here so worth it. We are so happy for these families and can't wait to see what the future will bring for them.
Here are some pictures from their baptism. So sad that I don't have any of Lizzy and Jen. Hopefully someone will send me one soon.
6 comments:
I love you all so much... I still can't think about what has happen without getting emotional. July 2010 will forever be one of the best months of my life. My advice for the month of August.... Go to the temple as often as possible, schedule it and let nothing stop you it will make a huge difference in your life.
Awesome Amy! You guys are such a great pair and will for sure be an example to those whom you're around. What a special day and one that will be cherished. Thanks for sharing your testimony.
Love the post and love you! :D
What a great day! You all so so great. Your kids are cute as ever and yes yes I do love Julie's hair :)
Love your testimony. So excited about your family baptisms. Your kids are growing up and you always dress them so cute.
What a great day! I am sure the Heavens are shouting for joy. What great good these people will do, it will be fun to hear about their new great adventure in living and serving in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You are going to have so much fun getting together and talking about the truths of gospel. Your sisters hair is darling and so is yours. Presleigh and Noah look so cute. I can't believe how they are growing up so big and look so old. I hope we can see you before they head for college. Really I hope to see you guys soon. You are fantastic missionaries.
Amy - I am still poo'ing over this whole situation. I would have given anything to be there if I could have. I am BEYOND happy for our family. I think I am still in shock, but soooooooooo freakin happy I can hardly contain myself. Love your blog.....love your family.........love your testimony.....love your hair....and love all the cute crap you always keep making. Keep it up, I love copying you! :) TAKE CARE!
Post a Comment