So today we are moving back to Salt Lake, well actually we will be in Ogden. For those of you who didn't hear we had actually moved down to Hurricane at the beginning of July. Wayne was planning on doing some accounting work down in the Saint George area for his new business. We liked living in Hurricane, but we decided that the business just wasn't working for our family. So we are actually moving to Ogden so that Wayne can finish his Masters degree at Weber State. He only has three classes left so we thought this would be a good time for him to get it done.
Living in Hurricane was quite eventful. We moved down the week of July 4th. We unpacked the truck then headed to Kanab, UT for a Taylor family reunion over the Fourth. We then went home and unpacked our stuff then headed back to Salt Lake so that Wayne could finish up some work. We were going to be there all week so i decided to take Presleigh and go to Montana for my friend Alina's wedding on the 19th. While we were away from our home for this week a man passed out while he was driving and drove through a field and hit our parked Subaru. The damage wasn't too bad fortunately. Then on July 25th after a yummy meal of chicken tacos we were chatting and our power went out. Wayne went outside and i was getting pres and my shoes so we could ask our neighbor if he had power. Wayne came back and yelled fire. In a frantic I grabbed pres and ran outside the fire was about 10 feet from our house and our Subaru. I ran back to grab the diaper bag so i could try to get one of our cars out but by the time i got back to the driveway the fire was running up the electric pole and i couldn't get my car out. Some nice people had pulled in to tell us that there was a fire but we were already outside so they were yelling at us to get out of there. We walked through the field by our house to the road and met the people out there. We pretty much didn't know what to do because we had no car and no where to go. These nice people from Toquerville asked us to come with them to their house so we spent the day with them. We went back to check on our house at about 9:00 that night and there was no damage to our house or our cars. Our house did smell of smoke though and i thought it would be better if we spent the night In Kanab with Rick and Camie. I was worried about Presleigh inhaling that smoke all night. It took us about a week to get the smell out, and our clothes still sort of smell, but what a blessing that nothing was damaged.
3 comments:
That was closer to your house than I thought and it was a big building. I hope you have better luck at your new home! Fires have always scared me. I was always sure our house was going to burn down I guess that is because Aunt Gail had a couple that burned and it must have scarred me.... since you are going to be 50 miles closer than before do you think you'll come up on weekends???
Poor cousins!!! That is craziness!! And I do think you have the Herrera family beat when it comes to moving on the fly=) I didn't think anyone could move as much or as quickly as us...guess I was wrong you crazy fam! I love you guys and am glad that you all are okay and back on the travel loop for the next time we do the drive=)
ok ok I have checked your blog at least 15 times today! Let's see your new hair :)
Post a Comment