My kids like to tell on each other a lot. They come to me and tell me what the other one is doing or what they've done. Sometimes this is good. Like when Noah has a bottle of counter spray that he is using as a squirt gun. Or when Presleigh leaves the house without asking to go play with our neighbors. But most of the time I tell the kiddos to "Worry about yourself." Lately when I tell Noah not to do something like play with the soap in the bathroom, or spit, or hit, or touch his private parts, he will say to me, "Mom, worry about yourself." Usually I have to hold back my smile as I explain to him that he needs to make better choices if he wants mommy to stop worrying about him.
I am loving this worry about yourself lesson though. I am reminded almost daily by the tattling my kids do that I need to worry about me. My choices, my words, my thoughts, my actions, and be careful not to judge others. Free agency is a wonderful thing:)
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hilarious! Made my day to read this post!
Post a Comment