At about 3 in the morning my stomach pains had stopped and I was finally able to start timing the contractions. They were 3 minutes apart but still pretty weak. I honestly was super stressed because this was so different from any of my other labors and I couldn't believe that we were going to have a baby just before we hit 37 weeks. I didn't even want to go to the hospital because I thought that the contractions would probably just go away. But of course Wayne was up packing bags and getting us all ready to go to labor and delivery. I called my sweet cousin at 4:30 in the morning and asked her if we could bring Presleigh and Noah over and she agreed (thank goodness) and then we headed in.
When we got there they told us that they would check me and then monitor us for an hour and then check me again to see if I had dialated. If so then I was in labor. Of course I didn't dialate barely at all and they detirmined that I was probably dehydrated. I tried to drink as much as I could but I was so cold and out of it that it was difficult. Then baby girls heart rate spiked and so the Doctor decided I needed an IV (My least favorite part) Baby's heart rate stayed pretty high for a while so they wanted to keep me overnight. I had Wayne and my cousin John give me a blessing which I am so grateful for. I was able to relax and get a little bit of rest. By morning my contractions had stopped and Baby's heart rate was back to normal.
As much as I would love to not be pregnant anymore and hold my sweet baby in my arms, I really am grateful that she will get to cook a little longer. And I am so grateful for worthy Priesthood holders who were able to give me a blessing without hesitation in my time of need. And for the peace and comfort that I was able to receive through that blessing.
1 comment:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooo glad you are ok. I will call you later.
Post a Comment