Last weekend we celebrated our 5th anniversary. Wayne told me kind of last minute (after I had hinted at needing a road trip) that we were headed to Salt Lake to spend the weekend. I was so excited to get to spend a little time away before this baby comes. We have so much fun on our road trips. I love going on road trips mostly because the long hours in the car gives Wayne and me time to have really great conversations.
We left after Wayne got off of work on Thursday so the kids spent most of the time sleeping. Friday was our anniversary and we really just wanted to hang out and relax. We got to stay with Wayne's family which was so nice. Presleigh and Noah enjoyed spending time with their cousins and seeing Grandma (Presleigh called her My Dad's Mom) and Grandpa Taylor. We spent our anniversary going to Costco, H&M, and Rodizio Grill. Thanks to G-ma and G-pa Taylor for watching our darlings while we went to dinner, which by the way was the worst dining experience ever.
Saturday we went and ordered my anniversary present which is a new diamond anniversary band:) Yeah best husband ever. Then we headed to Ikea. Usually when we go to Utah I have a million places that I want to go but because I didn't want to spend our whole weekend running around town I tried to keep it to just H&M and Ikea. Saturday evening Julie and Paul came to visit us. Presleigh was so excited to see baby Laila and had been telling us for days how much she misses her. It was so nice to be able to visit with them too.
I can't even express how grateful I am that I was able to marry such an amazing man. Wayne is my very best friend and I love how special our marriage is. The last five years have definitely been amazing and I am one lucky girl!!!
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment