My eyes have been giving me some trouble for a while now. I wear the night and day contacts so I have been able to sleep in my contacts as much and as often as I want. But lately my eyes have been bugging me. They had started burning and itching when I would take my contacts out. I have been wearing my contacts less and less and have not been wearing them at night for quite a while because of the burning when I would take them out.
Well last week I decided to wear my contacts to work one night and then I slept in them. The next day I took Presleigh to preschool and I noticed that my vision was sort of hazy. It looked like there was smoke all around me. So after preschool I took my contacts out. The next little while I could see alright, my eyes were doing the burning and itching thing but then it just got worse and worse. By about 3:00 I couldn't even open my eyes because they hurt so bad, and when I did everything was super blurry. I managed to call an eye doctor to see if they could get me in real quick for an emergency but they told me I would need to go to the ER. Totally lame! So then I called my husband and told him that he needed to come home from work because I couldn't see, and I was losing it:) When I was talking to him I tried really hard to open my eyes and tried to calm down a little bit (I was in so much pain) but then I put on my glasses and I still could not see. Everything was super blurry with my glasses on so I started to panic a little bit. I was afraid that my eyes were just going to get worse and worse if I didn't see a doctor. I could not stop thinking of my grandma who went blind when she was in her 30's (I think). I was trying really hard not to think the worst.
Wayne came home, looked at my eyes and we decided to go to the ER. I guess they were really red. We took our kids to the Lewis' and I had Wayne and John give me a blessing. I was finally able to calm down a little bit. Then my cousin John got a hold of his Bishop who is an Eye Doctor and I got to talk to him and tell him what was going on with my eyes. He told me that he could meet us at his office that night at 7:45. What a blessing!!!
Dr. Cleverly numbed my eyes which felt so stinkin good. then he was able to dialate them and look at them. He told us that my corneas were all mashed up apparently because they weren't getting enough oxygen. He said that it was probably from sleeping in my contacts but could also be from my pregnancy. Luckily my eyes didn't have an ulcer on them though. He gave me a prescription and sent me home with some cream to put in my eyes. I thought I was in the clear because I was still feeling good from the numbing but about 15 minutes later it wore off and It felt like needles in my eyes once again.
I had the hardest time falling asleep that first night because of the pain. I never realized how much my eyes move around when falling asleep, but everytime my eyeballs would move a certain way I would have shooting pain which would cause me to jump.
Wayne was the best. He seriously took such good care of me. He helped get me things and guided me as I walked. I couldn't really see for about 24 straight hours and It was terrible. The pain made it extra bad though. I remember asking Wayne if he would take care of me if I went blind, he of course told me I was going to be fine.
Thank goodness he was right:)
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy, I'm so sad to hear about your eyes giving you so much pain. Sounds horrible. I am glad everything is ok though. Love you!
Post a Comment