Thursday, April 8, 2010

ALRIGHT...My kids are sick

Presleigh's new favorite word to use is "Alright." I know it seems like not a very fun word but I love it. Everytime she says it I can't help but smile. Maybe it's because it's her commitment to obey and listen to mommy, or maybe it's the adorable way that she says it, I'm not really sure. Last night it was no different. I tried desperately to hold back my smile as I listened to Wayne explain to Presleigh that we do not play with mommy's nail polish. She said "alright" as she twirled in circles in the front room. And I couldn't help but smile and giggle a little after she had tried painting her nails but really accomplished painting her hands and the bathroom and master bedroom floors.

Noah has had a brutal cough the last couple weeks. He has also gotten 2 new teeth, so you can imagine how pleasant he has been. Presleigh told us on Easter that ear hurt and that she needed to see a doctor. We thought about taking her in, but I decided to wait til the next day to see if she kept complaining. She seemed fine the next day so we just went about our business. Yesterday I finally decided that I would take Noah to see the doctor because he just wasn't getting better and almost seemed more fussy and irritable. I thought that he might have an ear infection and I still wanted to get Presleigh's checked out. Our doctor is awesome and got us in yesterday.

We learned that Noah has RSV and a double ear infection and Presleigh has an ear infection as well. While I was at target filling their meds I found some pretty red nail polish and the whole time we were in the store Presleigh was asking to get her nails painted. I kept telling her that I would do it when we got home and she patiently kept saying "alright." So I feel sort of responsible for Presleigh's nail polish mess last night because I didn't paint her nails when we got home. I guess she decided that she had waited long enough. We got the polish off the tile floor but not the carpet. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get nail polish out of carpet? I'll post a picture in a little bit.

No comments: