Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The tutu and the spider



Isn't this tutu so adorable? The three of us were in front of the tv watching the presidential debate, and i decided to make this cute tutu. Wayne was keeping Presleigh away from my project and everything was going good until i saw this massive spider about to attack my baby. It was so fast it freaked me out. So I grabbed Presleigh and grabbed one of her toys and smashed the spider. Then i put Pres down and went back to working on my tutu thinking that my macho husband would dispose of the spider. So Presleigh went back to playing and Wayne continued watching the debate. (Note: my husband is obsessed with politics these days. Talk radio is on all day long and at night we watch fox news.) So i finish the tutu and move to the couch to admire my work when i see Presleigh come towards me from where the spider had been killed. I look around the room to spot where the spider was and it's gone. Gone, can you believe it, you would think that maybe my sweet husband decided to throw it in the garbage or in the toilet or something but no that's not what happen. My sweet baby girl had picked the spider up and ate the whole thing. I could tell that it was no longer in her mouth, she had swallowed it all. I was beside myself. I couldn't even move. I didn't know what to do, there was really nothing i could do, the spider was gone. Presleigh decided to dispose of it. I hurried and called poison control because i wasn't sure if it is safe to eat big ol brown spiders, but they said she'd be fine, thank goodness. This tutu will always remind me of the night my sweet girl ate her first spider!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, wait, that was hilarious!! I am crying laughing so hard! I miss you guys and can't wait to see that sweet baby girl of your again! Love you cousins!!

The Wynia Family said...

That is super funny, I bet that spider tasted so yummy! Good job on the Tu-Tu, WAY CUTE!

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I can't believe how big she is getting. Her photos are super cute.