Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Insurance
So because Wayne is now self employed, we are having a terrible time finding good insurance. We started off with this awful insurance that was way too expensive and then decided to cancel before we got new. That was a bad idea. We thought that becuase all three of us are quite healthy, it wouldn't be a problem. It took us a little while to decide which insurance we wanted but we eventually applied for Select Health. I had stopped stressing so much about being uninsured because i was expecting to hear back very soon. Well we just found out that Select Health decided that they would insure Wayne and I, but that Presleigh is unisurable because she has colic. I couldn't believe it. I am so upset that something so small is keeping her from being insured. I have never heard of something like that. Don't like half of all babies have some degree of colic? So i guess we can't apply again for Presleigh for another six to twelve months, although her doctor says she should grow out of it by july. I officially hate insurance companies!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't blame you Amy! So can you not apply with them for six months or with any company at all? That just seems so strange, are they calling her colic a pre-existing condition?
That sucks. Sorry. She might qualify for some kind of State/Federal coverage (like CHIPS).
Post a Comment