Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend happenings

Alrighty mother you asked for pictures, so her ya go.

Presleigh is growing up so fast it's crazy. I can't believe how much she knows and her ability to actually have conversations. She loves to tell stories and always does so while bobbing her head (thanks to her dad).

Noah is growing up fast too. He is our Mr. Independent. He has started wanting to feed himself. He actually refuses to eat until you let him have the spoon and bowl. He makes a huge mess, but I'm starting to get over it. I'm sure it's because he watches his sister feed herself. He loves to follow that girl and copy everything she does. He is also talking so much. He calls all food cereal and all circular things balloons. He is starting to notice when he goes potty in his diaper and sometimes will tell us when he has poopoo (thank you cloth diapers). He calls Liz (sister-in-law that lives with us) and Me Mommy, and Darren and Wayne, Daddy. It's got to be a little confusing with all the adults around, but that just means extra love and attention. He also does this silly thing when he gets nervous. I will try to catch it in a picture, but he freezes and stares down at the floor with his eyes to one side looking away from whatever scared him. It's adorable.

These two little ones decided to play with my material. Presleigh called them pillows. They were laying them out on the floor and then laying on them and pretending like they were taking naps. That would have been nice.
Papa came to town last Monday and spent the whole week with us. I have such a great father, he is the best. I love when he comes to visit!! He struggles with Parkinson's Disease which makes it hard for him to move, but he still manages to play with the grandkids,which i'm so grateful for. He shuffles around and plays tag with them, and teases them, and enjoys them. I am so glad that they have gotten to spend some quality time with him. Watching him play with my kids brought back so many fun memories that I have as a kid. He still plays the same games now that he did when I was younger, I love it.

This picture was taken right before we took him to the airport:(

Noah is such a climber. He is constantly getting up on the table and counter.
Presleigh, Noah, and Hadley all playing horsey on Wayne's back. Every night when Wayne gets home from work Presleigh immediately asks to ride a horsey. It's turning in to quite the nightly tradition.

Friday night was our trunk or treat. The kids were pretty much beat by the time we got there, but we had a fun time. Noah and Wayne were Newsies and Presleigh and I were Annie and Miss Hannigan.
Noah spent most of the night on papa's lap
Wayne and Darren trying to win the cupcake eating contest.
Presleigh getting ready to start her cupcake eating contest. She didn't get it and just licked the frosting off instead.
I decided to go ahead and dye my hair since it went with my costume so perfectly!! Just kidding it's a wig. This wig actually helped me realize that my eyebrows are a little too dark for the orange red thing. Maybe a little darker shade would work.


3 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh, horse back riding on daddy's back. Looks like Halloween was a fun event for you guys. Cute costumes.

Patsy said...

Thanks, they are all adorable!!

Peterson Family said...

Your family is so cute, Amy!!!! Love the Halloween costumes. You are a gorgeous Mrs. Hannigan and Pres is the most adorable little Annie. Wayne and Noma are perfect Newsies (yes, Noma STILL lives on...I really love it!) I loved the movie Newsies...think I've seen it at least 20 times (it was a phase I went through..ha!) Love ya:)