I took the kiddos to the Doc last week for their well child exams. I thought it would be a good thing to have both of the kids get their shots on the same day, which it probably was, but trying to console two crying babies by myself was not fun. But both the kids were declared healthy so I am definitely grateful for that.
Presleigh weighed in at 25lbs 12oz and is 33 inches tall. She is in the 25th percentile for height and weight and like 10th percent for her head.
Noah weighed in at 18lbs 10oz and is 27 inches tall. He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight and 25th percent for his head.
I was totally impressed with our nurse practitioner (whom I usually don't really like) and some of the questions she asked me. One of them was "How much TV does Presleigh watch?" I know I might be lame but I guess I just didn't think that this would be a question, but I'm so glad that doctors are concerned about the amount of TV children are watching these days. I started struggling with the whole TV thing a while ago with Presleigh when I noticed she wanted it on even when she was playing and not watching it. I guess she likes the background noise, which tends to give me a headache. anyway... I felt a little bit better about the battles that Presleigh and I have been having over leaving the TV off, when our nurse asked how much TV she watches, and I was able to say that we've been limiting it to 1 hour a day.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
re: tv on as background noise - just unplug it. I am unplugging constantly. Great job on limiting to 1 hour. Keep it up. The more kids you have the harder it will get to have that strict of a limit. If you keep up on it, it won't be hard and your kids will appreciate it.
Did you visit the Vance Taylor's for Pres. Day? I forgot to email you and let you know we couldn't go. We are so tight on money - spent too much on painting our front room. Hope you had a good time.
Post a Comment